Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 100g pitted Kalamata olives, chopped (see note)
- ½ cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- baby lettuce salad leaves, to serve
Place chicken fillets in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-low heat. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from heat. Cover and set aside for at least 2 hours or until cooled to room temperature.
Drain chicken, reserving ¼ cup poaching liquid. Shred chicken flesh.
Cook lemon slices in a small saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until soft. Drain. Dice lemon rind and flesh. Discard seeds.
Combine chicken, reserved poaching liquid, lemon, onion, olives, basil and salad leaves in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Note: Choose olives in balsamic vinegar, not in oil. Olives in balsamic vinegar are lower in fat.