Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried brown or green lentils
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved green or red seedless grapes
- 6 cups (1.5 L) baby spinach leaves
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) Black Diamond Medium Cheddar Cheese (about 6 oz/175 g)
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped toasted walnuts or roasted salted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup (60 mL) red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) honey
- ½ teaspoon (2 mL) each salt and pepper
1. In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook lentils until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let cool.
1. In a large bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper. Add celery, onions, apple, grapes and lentils, tossing to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Add spinach, cheese and walnuts, tossing to coat.