Many people will try to lose weight before the holiday, but few of will take the right steps to achieve that goal.
Following a few rules can help you change your lifestyle and lose weight.
- Don’t skip breakfast. Research shows that eating breakfast every day can help you lose weight and keep it off.
- Keep a journal of everything you eat. People who keep food diaries eat about 15% less food than those who don’t.
- Get walking. Sedentary people take only about 3 000 steps a day. Adding another 3 000 steps will help you maintain your current weight and getting more than 10 000 steps a day will help you lose weight.
- Watch your serving sizes. Eat meals on a medium-sized plate. A bigger plate encourages you to eat more because you can fit more food on it. Load half of your plate with colourful vegetables and the other half with lean protein and salads. Skip the grains, starches and potatoes for now.
- Weigh yourself at least once a week. Doing so will help you detect small weight gains before they get out of control.
- Don’t be too strict with yourself. Everyone has a craving they can’t avoid, so don’t. Plan a night out with friends and satisfy your craving. Moderation is the key to success.
- Start the easy way by controlling your appetite.
- Follow the Weight Loss Program in the new Manna Diet e-book.
If you follow these tips, maybe next year you can pick a different New Year’s resolution because you will feel both physically and mentally better about yourself.