Lower GI – but not in flavor – this dish of beans, tomatoes and zucchini is a one pot wonder.
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium baby marrow (zucchini), thinly sliced
- 420g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 80g baby rocket
- 4 slices wholegrain low-GI bread, toasted, to serve
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add paprika. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Add tomatoes and baby marrow (zucchini). Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tomatoes start to collapse. Add beans and vinegar. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in parsley. Season with pepper. Serve with rocket and bread.