Ingredients (6 servings)
- 3 cups dried borlotti beans
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Extra diced tomato, fresh coriander leaves and sliced green onions, to serve
Rinse beans well under cold water. Drain. Place in a large heavy-based saucepan. Add garlic. Stir to combine. Cover with cold water (about 4 cups). Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour 10 minutes or until beans are tender.
Stir in tomato, onion and paprika. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with diced tomato, coriander leaves and green onion.