Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 x 125g cans red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup chunky mild tomato salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium avocado, halved, peeled
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Salad, to serve
Process mince, beans, onion, parsley and 1/2 cup salsa until just combined. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on a plate. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, in batches, turning, for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to prepared tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
Using a fork, mash avocado in a bowl. Stir in sour cream. Serve with meatballs, salad and remaining salsa.