Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 (about 300g) tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) chicken stock
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs coarsely grated cheddar
- Chopped fresh continental parsley, to serve
- Rye Toast, to serve
- Heat the oil in a 20cm (base measurement) non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the garlic and paprika, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the tomato and capsicum, and cook, stirring often, for 3-5 minutes or until the tomato is soft.
- Add the stock. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Crack 1 egg into a small cup. Use the back of a spoon to make a hollow in the sauce. Pour in the egg. Repeat with the remaining egg. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar and parsley. Serve with Rye toast.