Ingredients (4 servings)
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 500g good-quality seafood mix
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno or long green chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 500ml good-quality fish or chicken stock
- 1 cup of frozen corn kernels (defrost)
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
Heat oil in a large pan over high heat. In a bowl toss the seafood with half the paprika, then season and cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes until seafood is lightly seared and just cooked. Remove seafood from pan and set aside.
Add onion to pan and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add garlic, capsicum (bell pepper), chilli, dried herbs, spices and remaining ½ teaspoon paprika and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes until soft. Reduce to medium-low heat, then add tomato and stock. Simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
Add kernels to soup with cooked seafood. Simmer for 2 minutes to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in lime zest and juice. Season & serve.