- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 (1.2kg) small lamb forequarter or shoulder chops, trimmed
- 1 large brown onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, cut into 1cm slices
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Heat oil in a 10 cup-capacity flameproof, ovenproof dish over high heat. Cook lamb, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until just browned. Transfer to a plate. Add onion and garlic to dish. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Return chops to dish. Add tomato, chickpeas, carrot and stock. Stir to combine. Season with pepper. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 2 hours or until lamb is tender. Remove foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until sauce has reduced slightly.
Sprinkle with parsley.
Fat saturated 9.50g
Fat Total 27.70g
Carbohydrate sugars – 0
Carbohydrate Total 33.70g
Dietary Fibre 6.40g