Ingredients (serves 2)
- 30g unsalted butter
- 200g brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 tomatoes cut into wedges
- 4 eggs
- 75g mature cheddar, coarsely grated
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Melt 20g of the butter in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and tomato wedges, and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until tomato is just softened.
- Lightly beat eggs with 1 tablespoon water in a large bowl. Stir in cheese, parsley, and the mushroom and tomato mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining butter in the frypan over medium-low heat. Add the egg mixture, stir briefly, then cook for 5-6 minutes until golden underneath and nearly set. Place pan under hot grill for 3-4 minutes or until just set and top is golden. Slide onto a board, cut in half.