Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 large spring onions, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 500g chicken livers, trimmed of sinew, halved
Toss spring onions, rocket, lentils, capsicum and vinegar with 1 tablespoon oil. Season to taste.
Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frypan over high heat. Season the livers with salt and pepper. When the pan is very hot, cook livers in batches for 1 minute on each side for pink, or until cooked to your liking.
Divide the salad among plates and top with livers, then serve immediately.