Balsamic vinegar adds vibrant flavor to this salad without a hint of fat or sodium. With its intense and complex flavor, this vinaigrette is a perfect complement to the chicken, pineapple and spinach salad.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each about 140g
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (±220g) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained except for 2 tablespoons juice
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onions
- For the vinaigrette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut each chicken breast into cubes. In a large, nonstick frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cooked chicken, pineapple chunks, broccoli, spinach and onions.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, reserved pineapple juice, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Pour over the salad. Toss gently to coat evenly. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Calories – 181
Sodium – 75 mg
Total fat – 9 g
Total carbohydrate – 8 g
Saturated fat – 1 g
Dietary fiber – 2 g
Monounsaturated fat – 6 g
Protein – 17 g
Cholesterol – 41 mg