All the needed nutrients to replace any meal of the day
Our shake is formulated to allow you to skip a meal without losing the needed nutrients and energy. It also helps manage your blood sugar levels.
What is it? (Active Ingredients)
The Manna Low GI Shake is the healthiest Shake on the South African market. A perfect meal in a glass, which can help you to curb food and sugar cravings, suppress appetite and control blood sugar levels. Also, one shake with water contains only 99 Calories and a Shake with full cream milk contains only 250 Calories, helping to lower your daily calorie intake for effective and healthy weight loss, without going hungry.
The Manna Shake contains:
- 100% Organic Mesquite (Prosopis) Powder (1)- The Mesquite (Prosopis) powder is 100% Organic and wild harvested. The product, with its 6 essential sugars, vitamins, minerals, fibres and 17 amino acids, has been trialled and tested by the Glycemic Index Foundation of South Africa and proved to reduce the Glycemic Index (GI) of any food by up to 43%.
- Non-GMO, gluten free Oats (2)to increase the dietary fibre content of the shake as well as to add all the other health benefits of oats.
- Inulin (3)– Inulin is derived from the chicory plant and is a very good Prebiotic to assist in digestive health by nourishing the beneficial bacteria.
- Guar Gum (4)– assist in glucose absorption and therefore can support even blood sugar levels.
- Nature identical flavours (Strawberry and Vanilla)
- Non-GMO Cacao as the chocolate flavouring.
- Calcium (Milk of Lime) – to assist in bone and heart health.
All Carbohydrates are not the same
We are asked all the time about the carbohydrate content of the Manna Shake. You get carbs and carbs. White sugar can have the same carbohydrate count than essential sugars, but it is not the same, because it works completely different in the human body.
The majority of carbs found in the Manna Shake comes from the Prosopis glandulosa (Mesquite) tree’s pods we use in the shake. These sugars are known as essential sugars, which some call “glyconutrients”. – (Arabinose, Fucose (not fructose), Galactose, Mannose, Rhamnose, Xylose)
Other sugars are sucrose and fructose.
These sugars, combined with the soluble and insoluble fibers help to retard the uptake of glucose form the food to the blood stream. Also, these sugars work holistically in the body to provide increase energy and stamina.
How does it work?
When you take the shake with milk or water as a meal replacement or as a meal snack, the sugars from the Mesquite pods, combined with the soluble and insoluble fibers help to retard the uptake of glucose from the food to the bloodstream. Also, these sugars work holistically in the body to provide increased energy and prolonged stamina.
The rest of the Manna Shake ingredients help to regulate blood sugar levels, help to reduce high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
The Inulin (a prebiotic) and Guar Gum, together with the fiber of the non-GMO Oats and Prosopis is excellent for digestive health and to promote normal bowel movement.
The shake is high in Calcium to promote heart health and help to increase bone density.
Major Benefits of the Shake
- High in fibre
- Low GI
- Stops Cravings
- High Enough Nutritional Value, when taken with milk, to be regarded as a Meal Replacement
- The only shakes which contain Essential Sugars (“Glyco-Nutrients”)
- Cholesterol Free
- Gluten Free
- Provides Energy, without Fattening
- Helps to Control Blood Sugar Levels
- Organic & Natural
- Help to lower high blood pressure
- Help to lower high cholesterol
How to take it
The SHAKE can be used as a meal replacement or a snack replacement, served with milk or water. The SHAKE powder can also be mixed into yoghurt (preferably Bulgarian yoghurt) or you can make a smoothie with it.
- Add 1 level measuring scoop (±30g) of Manna Shake powder in a shaker or blender with a cup (250ml) of milk or water.
- Use the Manna Shake to replace 1 to 2 meals per day and you will see the results after a week.
- You can add fruit to the mix to make a smoothie if you require a larger meal, but try to stick to a basic shake for the ultimate result.
- This shake is ideal for people on a diet and for sportsmen alike, who need to maintain energy levels and control their blood glucose levels.
- For a complete meal, take 1 fruit of choice with the shake.
- Effective as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Use the Shake to replace some of meals in the Manna Diet eBook’s menu plan for successful weight control.
Who can use it?
Anybody and everybody form the age of 2 years.
The Shakes are excellent for:
- People with Insulin Resistance
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Weight loss
- Sportsmen (especially endurance athletes, cyclist, rowers, etc.)
- Fantastic when hiking
Note: Please check ingredients if you have food allergies
How safe is it?
All the ingredients in the Manna Shakes are regarded as food and 100% safe to use as a snack or a meal replacement when taking with milk or milk substitutes.
Can I use it in conjunction with my current medication?
Yes, as the Manna Shakes are regarded as food, you can take it with any medicine. However, if you diabetic, you need to check your blood sugar levels, because the levels can drop too low if you use the shake with your diabetic medication.
Six Ways to Maximise Your Results with Manna Low GI Shake
Use these helpful tips to make meal replacements a successful part of your weight loss and weight maintenance plan:
- Use a meal replacement for no more than two meals, or one meal and one snack, per day, unless you’re closely supervised by your doctor.
- Choose meal replacements that contain at least 200 calories. They should also have a balance of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats to provide adequate nutrition and decrease between-meal munchies.
- Use meal replacements for the meals that cause you the most trouble. If breakfast is always a doughnut on the run, drink a Manna shake instead. If you can’t find the time to make a healthy dinner, have a Manna Shake, either with low-fat milk or water.
- Mix and match so you don’t get bored. You can use two meal replacements on some days and just one on others when you have more time to make healthy meals. Also, try lots of different meal replacement recipes. Mix the Manna shake with fruit in a blender to make a refreshing smoothie.
- Choose fresh fruit for snacks twice a day for added nutrition and fibre. If you’re drinking lots of shakes, you’ll be happy to have something you can chew!
Maximise your weight loss by making your traditional meal well balanced. To do so, have your plate look like this: Fill half with vegetables (raw or cooked, your choice), one-quarter with protein (chicken, fish, legumes, red meat) and the remaining quarter with the starch (pasta, potato, rice, bread).
*Testimonials / Reviews
Magic shake for breakfast. I put a scoop full into low sugar yogurt in the mornings, and then I don’t get hungry all morning. I have lost nearly a kilo a week, and together with the blood sugar support I am getting rid of my sugar issue having been diagnosed with losing my memory, being pre diabetic and on the way to osteoporosis. Thank you Manna Health and also being a Lyoness merchant so that I can earn my benefits when I shop with you.
Absolutely the best shake ever! Keeps you full for hours.
Excellent product! Use it as breakfast, lunch and before I cycle. Do not crave chocolates or any sweets as I used to. Provides good energy when I cycle long distances. Will keep on using the shake.
The best shake, keeps me full of energy and I love what the fibre does to me. Pleasant to drink.
I have tried many shakes in my live time. The Manna shake is the best. Excellent for breakfast when you are in a rush. Does stop your cravings and I find I do not pick on food all day.
Research behind the Active Ingredients
- The efficacy of Prosopis glandulosa as antidiabetic treatment in rat models of diabetes and insulin resistance – Journal of Ethnopharmacology 137 (2011) 298–304
- Wholegrain oat-based cereals have prebiotic potential and low glycaemic index.- Br J Nutr. 2012 Dec 28;108(12):2198-206. doi: 10.1017/S0007114512000281. Epub 2012 Feb 24.
- Fiber and Prebiotics: Mechanisms and Health Benefits – 2013 Apr; 5(4): 1417–1435
- Microbiota benefits after inulin and partially hydrolized guar gum supplementation: a randomized clinical trial in constipated women. – Nutr Hosp. 2012 Jan-Feb;27(1):123-9. doi: 10.1590/S0212-16112012000100014