Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken thigh cutlets, trimmed (skin on)
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 800g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1½ cups dried risoni
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 50g fetta, crumbled
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
Heat oil in a 10-cup-capacity flameproof roasting dish over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate. Carefully drain excess fat from dish.
Add onion and garlic to dish. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add parsley, oregano, paprika and tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until combined. Stir in stock.
Return chicken to dish. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Cover with foil. Transfer to oven for 40 minutes.
Using a spoon, skim any fat from surface. Add risoni and olives to dish. Roast, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until risoni is tender. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with fetta. Serve with salad leaves.