Ingredients (makes 6 to 8 servings)
- 1 small zucchini (baby marrow), 25mm diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and 25mm diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and 25mm diced
- 1 red onion, 25mm diced
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 12 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts (3 scallions)
- ¾ cup grated strong cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place the zucchini, peppers and onion on a sheet pan. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with 1½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper and toss well. Bake for 15 minutes. Add the garlic, toss again and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn the oven to 180°C.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- In a ovenproof sauté pan, melt the butter and sauté the scallions over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Add the roasted vegetables to the pan and toss with the scallions. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook for 2 minutes over medium-low heat without stirring. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake the frittata for 20 to 30 minutes, until puffed and set in the middle. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and bake for another 3 minutes, until the cheese is just melted. Cut into 6 or 8 wedges and serve hot.