Spice up Thursday night with quick, easy & delicious spicy bean fajitas. No wonder taste members love them!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum), chopped
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 190g jar sundried-tomato pesto
- 2 x 400g cans red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 425g can chopped tomatoes
Warmed flour tortillas, guacamole, butter lettuce, sour cream, coriander leaves and grated cheddar, to serve
In a large, heavy-based saucepan, heat the oil over low heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add garlic, capsicum and chilli and cook, stirring, for a further minute. Add cumin, pesto, beans and tomatoes. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes until slightly reduced, stirring occasionally. Season.
Serve with tortillas for wrapping, with guacamole, butter lettuce leaves, sour cream, coriander and grated cheese.