Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum (bell pepper), chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 medium zucchini (baby marrow), roughly chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths (optional)
- 400g can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 3 cups Vegetable stock
- 410g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and chilli. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add zucchini, asparagus, tomato and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
Add beans. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Season with pepper. Add coriander. Stir to combine.