- 600g beef scotch fillet steaks
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 x 100g pkt baby Asian greens
- 1 x 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, halved, thinly sliced diagonally
- 55g (1 cup) trimmed bean sprouts
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 4 slices wholegrain bread, to serve
- 1 long fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 fresh coriander roots, washed, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 tbs vinegar
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs brown sugar
Preheat a char-grill on high. Rub both sides of beef evenly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the beef to the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice across the grain.
Meanwhile, to make the dressing, place the chill, coriander root, vinegar, lime juice and sugar in a small bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves.
Combine the Asian greens, tomato, cucumber, bean sprouts and coriander leaves in a large serving bowl. Top with beef and drizzle over the dressing.