- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1.25L (5 cups) vegetable stock
- 420g (2 cups) red lentils, rinsed
- 1 bunch spinach ends trimmed, washed, dried, and coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the stock and lentils to the pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until lentils are very soft.
- Add spinach to lentil mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Stir in lemon juice. Taste and season with pepper. Ladle soup among bowls and serve.
Nutritional Value (per serving)
Fat saturated 1.00g
Fat Total 8.50g
Carbohydrate sugars – 0
Carbohydrate Total 77.00g
Dietary Fibre 19.00g
Cholesterol – 0
Sodium – 0