Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, half finely chopped, half thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 x 400g cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Vegetable stock
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, and drained
- ±40g Cheddar, grated
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 ripe tomato, seeded, diced
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic and chopped chilli, stirring, for 5 min. or until softened. Add tomatoes and stock. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 min. carefully use a stick blender to blend until smooth. Add beans and cook for 1-2 min. until heated through and season to taste.
Divide soup among bowls. Top with avocado, tomato, cheddar, coriander and sliced chilli. Season with pepper and serve.