Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh mozzarella balls, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
Heat half the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the capers and cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
Place the remaining oil and vinegar in a small jug and whisk until well combined.
Arrange the tomato, mozzarella, onion and basil on a serving platter. Drizzle with balsamic dressing and sprinkle with capers. Serve immediately.