This is a delicious and colorful luncheon tuna salad recipe.
- 2 large tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in matchstick strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in matchstick strips
- 1 small onion, sliced in rings
- 1 can tuna in brine
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons wine vinegar
- ½ small clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 12 pitted black olives, chopped
Arrange tomato quarters on a salad serving platter; place pepper strips and onion rings in center. Drain brine from tuna into a small jar; flake tuna and arrange in center of platter. Make salad dressing: add olive oil, wine vinegar, minced garlic, salt, pepper and dry mustard to tuna brine in jar. Seal tightly and shake vigorously to blend. Sprinkle over tuna salad platter. Sprinkle chopped olives over the salad.
Tuna salad serves 3 to 4.