Warm up the rice while you’re cooking the vegetables, and this dish will be ready in less than 20 minutes.
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (500g) package frozen peas and carrots
- 1 (500g) package frozen mix greens
- 1 (500g) package Brown Rice, prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
(option 2: Use 1Kg of frozen mixed greens instead of the 2 different versions above)
In a large, deep skillet, heat 1/2 cup water to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in peas and carrots and other greens. Cover and cook over medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Spoon vegetables over warmed brown rice and garnish with feta cheese.
Per serving : 200 calories (20 from fat), 2g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 35g total carbohydrate (7g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 7g protein