Kids in the kitchen will rise to the challenge with our quick and easy vegetable frittata.
- Olive oil spray
- 200g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 120g green round beans, trimmed, halved
- 80g (1/2 cup) frozen peas
- 1 shallot, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 125ml (1/2 cup) low-fat milk
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 60g (1/4 cup) low-fat cottage cheese
- 35g (1/3 cup)Coarsely grated cheddar
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Spray a 20cm (base measurement) non-stick ovenproof frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat.
- Cook sweet potato, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add beans. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add peas and cook for a further minute or until beans and peas are tender.
- Stir in the shallot and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk milk, egg and cottage cheese in a jug. Pour over vegetables.
- Tilt to evenly distribute egg.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 8 minutes or until almost set.
- Top with the cheddar. Cook under grill for 3-5 minutes or until golden.