Warm and hearty, this chicken salad is perfect for when the weather starts to get cooler.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 x Basic roast chicken ingredients
- 800g butternut pumpkin, deseeded, cut into 8cm x 2cm-thick triangles
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 175g baby beans, topped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 125g semi-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Roast chicken first till done.
Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin onto tray. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, turning once, or until tender. Set aside.
Cook beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Combine oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper in a jar. Shake until combined.
Cut chicken into 8 pieces. Arrange pumpkin, beans, chicken, tomatoes and olives on plates. Drizzle with oil mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Season. Serve.