- 2 cups frozen broad beans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches spring onions, trimmed, bulbs halved
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 large zucchini (baby marrow), cut into thin ribbons (see note)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
Place broad beans in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes. Drain. Remove and discard skins from beans.
Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until onion is golden and just tender. Add beans and crushed garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add zucchini. Toss gently for 1 to 2 minutes or until just tender and heated through. Remove from heat.
Add tomato, basil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Serve.