- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 zucchinis(baby marrow), chopped
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- 1½ cups water
- 2 cans butter beans
- 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to serve
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add 1 brown onion, finely chopped, 2 carrots, 2 celery sticks and 2 zucchinis (baby marrows), all chopped. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes until vegetables soften.
- Add 1½ cups vegetable stock and 1½ cups water. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes. Stir in 2 cans butter beans, rinsed and drained. Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve.