The reason that diabetes is so dangerous is that it can cause problems with various body parts and lead to many different ailments which are dangerous to our health. It is therefore important to know what causes diabetes, how to fight it, and why we should be so careful of it.
Some of the many issues diabetes causes include:
Gum Disease and Cavities –
This is often also one of the first signs of diabetes; this is why it is important to make sure that you know what is going on with your dental hygiene.
Issues with Your Sight –
A big problem is diabetic neuropathy, where the blood vessels in the retina get damaged due to high blood sugar levels. Other common issues include glaucoma and cataracts.
Damage to the Nerves –
Nerve damage is a common sight in diabetic patients. This is usually in the form of things like neuropathy, where the arms, legs, hands, or feet feel tingly, numb, or in pain. Another one is autonomic neuropathy, which affects things like sex, urination and other body functions.
Foot Problems –
These are often caused by damage to the nerves as mentioned above, but your feet are very susceptible to blood flow issues that cause numbness as well. In some causes blood flow can become so poor to the extent where an amputation might be needed.
Skin Conditions –
Diabetes may cause the skin to become itchy, dry and very easily irritable. This is normally due to poor blood circulation and nerve damage.
Strokes and Heart disease –
These can often be more common in diabetes patients, as the blood vessels get damaged and the blood flow becomes increasingly poor due to high levels of sugar in the blood. It is important to also keep an eye on other factors like blood pressure and cholesterol.
Kidney Disease –
Since damaged blood vessels are a common trend among diabetic issues, it is very clear why diabetes and kidney disease is related, since the kidneys are made up mostly out of small blood vessels.
Due to damage to different parts in the body, diabetes makes you more likely to develop infections. Make sure that you go for regular checkups to identify any such underlying infections.
Can Type-2 Diabetes Be Prevented?
Well, by following a healthy lifestyle, it is indeed possible to prevent type-2 diabetes. Some tips for following a healthy lifestyle:
- Eat healthy – This can help you look and feel better, and maintain a healthy weight. A good place to start is the Manna Low GI Diet (see the free eBook)
- Exercise Regularly – It is recommended that you exercise at least 30 minutes, 5 days a week.
- Learn to Relax – This is often easier said than done, but practicing deep breathing techniques, meditating, finding a hobby that calms you down, or simply taking a walk can be great for your health. If you stressed out all the time, you can take a natural supplement, like the Manna Calmer (Adult or Extra) to reduce the stress without any side effects.
- Get Tested For Prediabetes – Talk to your doctor about being tested for prediabetes.
- Natural Supplementation – Using a healthy, natural, supplement alongside a healthy lifestyle can give you that extra boost you need. The Manna Blood Sugar Support is one of the few natural and organic dietary supplements which can be used in conjunction with your current diabetic medication (oral or insulin) to help control blood sugar levels. This product also helps to lower the GI (Glycemic Index) of the food you eat.