Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup chicken broth (or water)
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Combine flour, Italian seasoning, and pepper in a bowl.
Dry the chicken breasts with a paper towel, then dredge them in the flour mixture. Pat off excess flour.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken breasts and cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Remove chicken from the skillet and place in an ovenproof dish. Bake 10-12 minutes.
About 3 minutes before the chicken is done, make the sauce. Reheat skillet over medium heat, add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add the broth and simmer until reduced by half. Add the lemon zest, juice, and dressing; cook another minute. Add the parsley and remove from heat.
Remove the chicken breasts from the oven. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.